88FIVE Live At Home with LP is brought to you by the Independent 88.5 FM, CSUN & Saddleback College. This edition features an interview with alternative-rocker Laura Pergolizzi, known as LP, conducted by 88.5 FM midday host/program director Mookie. During the interview, they pause for a special performance from LP. She plays a song from her album ‘Heart To Mouth,’ her latest single, “The One That You Love,” and ends with a track from her 2017 album Lost On You.
88FIVE Live at Drive-In OC presents Dawes on Saturday, October 17th, at City National Grove of Anaheim!
Dawes will perform LIVE in support of their new album Good Luck With Whatever, out this Friday. Enjoy this innovative concert from the comfort of your car!
Tickets go on sale to the General Public Friday, October 2nd, at 10:00 AM HERE.
All CDC and State of California guidelines will be followed, and Drive-In OC is working closely with both Orange County and the City of Anaheim to ensure this event meets or exceeds all recommended standards. Event staff will be wearing PPE and patrons are highly encouraged to do so as well. State guidance on social distancing, public gatherings and certain procedures and practices is subject to change. The safety and wellness of our guests and staff are our top priority.
Event will take place rain or shine.
Check out the Drive-In OC experience
Audio will be available via traditional PA system & FM radio. The FM frequency will be announced when you arrive at the show.
- Your entire party must be present when your vehicle enters the venue. No late additions to your party will be permitted.
- No outside food or beverage is allowed at Drive-In OC events.
- All ages are welcome to join Drive-In OC events.In an effort to promote a contactless experience, there will be no on-site box office; all tickets should be purchased in advance on AXS.com.
- Please arrive early to expedite entry and allow yourself plenty of time to get settled before the show. Check the event details for parking lot opening times for your show.
- The main entrance is located at: 2200 E Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA 92806.
- The number of passengers in your vehicle must not exceed the number of safety belted seats. It is recommended that you only share a vehicle with household members with whom you have been sheltering in place.
- For your safety and the safety of others, gates will close 15 minutes after the headlining act has taken the stage.
- Please arrive on time. No refunds will be granted.Vehicles are subject to search upon entry.
- The driver must wear a face covering upon entry at the venue gate.
- Printed tickets or mobile tickets will be accepted.
- We all love Fido, but unfortunately, no pets are allowed except for trained service animals.
- Vehicles and trucks must fit in a single, standard parking space. Passenger vehicles only (maximum 7 people). The number of passengers in your vehicle must not exceed the number of safety belted seats. No bicycles, motorcycles, buses, RVs, trailers, limousines, or foot traffic allowed. ADA accessible vehicles will be permitted.
- Guests will be parked on a first-come, first-served basis and are subject to specific placement by parking staff based on vehicle type and height.
- Vehicles may back into spaces. However, if you wish to open the rear hatch, it may not be any higher than the roof of your vehicle.
- Vehicles will be spaced 10 feet apart & staggered to achieve distancing and optimal sightlines. That means you will have approx. 150 square feet of space on the driver's side of your car. Folding chairs and blankets are permitted in this open space.
- Your car engine and headlights must be off when the show starts.
- If you need assistance, please DM @CityNationalGroveofAnaheim on Instagram and/or use your hazard lights.
- In case of emergency you may leave at any time. Please look for a staff member to assist you in exiting. Re-entry is not permitted.
- To use the venue restrooms, enter the virtual queue. You will be notified when it is your turn - please plan accordingly.
- In addition to the sanitized and capacity regulated restrooms inside the venue, there will be Porta Johns for guests who cannot do no not wish to wait in the virtual queue.
- Individuals leaving their designated space during the performance are required to wear a face-covering.
- In addition to the sanitized and capacity regulated restrooms inside the venue, there will be Porta Johns for guests who cannot or do not want to wait in the virtual queue.
- Meal kits and snack boxes will be available for pre-order during your ticket purchase.
- Food, beverages (beer, wine, cocktails, hard seltzer, soda, water), and artist merchandise will be available on-site and delivered to your vehicle.
- Due to recently announced California state regulations, to purchase alcohol at the event, your cart must also include a food item.
- Please act responsibly and designate a driver.
- Please observe the “pack it in, pack it out” rule - take your trash with you and dispose of it at home.
The following are prohibited at Drive In OC events:
- Outside food & beverage (exception for 1 sealed water bottle per guest)
- Grills or fryers
- Kerosene lamps or open flames of any kind
- Laser pointers
- Tents, stand umbrellas, and tarps
- Use of drones
- Wagons and strollers
- Tripods or recording devices
- Professional cameras (DSLR, detachable lenses)
Please note that failure to follow appropriate social distancing and any of the above guidelines may result in ejection from the event.
Drive-In OC has taken enhanced health and safety measures for our fans and staff. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting Drive-In OC at City National Grove of Anaheim.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting Drive-In OC at City National Grove of Anaheim, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Help keep each other healthy.
88FIVE Live At Home with Ruston Kelly is brought to you by the Independent 88.5 FM, CSUN & Saddleback College. This new virtual event features an interview between established Americana artist Ruston Kelly and 88.5 FM music director/afternoon host, Andy Chanley. Plus, catch our exclusive performance by Ruston as he plays tracks, acoustically, from his latest album, 'Shape and Destroy.'
"88FIVE Live Rewind Festival” is a free, 2-Day virtual festival presented by the Independent 88.5 FM to encouraging support for independent venues over the Independence Day Weekend. The festival is a collection of previously recorded 88FIVE Live Sessions, going back as far as 4 years.
Comprised of both 88FIVE Live In-Studio Sessions & 88FIVE Live Sessions on location at various venues around Southern California. Day 1 will feature 34 LA & Southern California artists & Day 2 will feature 43 artists from across the United States and around the globe. Each artist performance will consist of 2-5 songs. During the festival viewers will be encouraged to donate to independent venues through NIVA (National Independent Venue Association), a non-profit organization working to save those venues impacted by COVID-19.
What: 88FIVE Live Rewind Festival
• A Free Virtual Festival
When: Saturday, July 4th & Sunday, July 5th, 2020
• Day 1: Saturday, July 4th: 1 p.m. – 8 p.m. PDT
• Day 2: Sunday, July 5th: 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. PDT
Where: 885fm.org and youtube.com/user/The885KCSN
NIVA: Encouraging viewers to donate here: https://lyte.com/covid19relief/
• National Independent Venue Association (More Info: https://www.nivassoc.org)
88FIVE Live Rewind Festival Lineup:
DAY 1: July 4th
JULIE MINTZ 1:00
SISTER SPEAK 1:11
BETH HART 1:25
MATTHEW LOGAN VASQUEZ 1:33
MATING RITUAL 1:50
MADISON CUNNINGHAM 1:58
MINI MANSIONS 2:40
WINNETKA BOWLING LEAGUE 2:51
KARL DENSON 3:01
SAM MORROW 3:18
JAMIE DRAKE 3:32
NICK WATERHOUSE 3:40
THE WILD REEDS 4:06
THE SHELTERS 4:30
THAT DOG 4:44
SARA WATKINS 5:19
RYAN BINGHAM 5:23
MATT COSTA 5:33
INARA GEORGE 5:43
SAINT MOTEL 5:54
BEST COAST 6:10
FATHER JOHN MISTY 6:25
TY SEGALL 6:33
JENNY LEWIS 6:46
MONDO COZMO 7:01
MILK CARTON KIDS 7:44
THE GROWLERS 8:07
Day 2: July 5th
ADIA VICTORIA 11:00
JEN CLOHER 11:22
SAM FENDER 11:36
MANCHESTER ORCHESTRA 11:49
FIRST AID KIT 11:58
FANTASTIC NEGRITO 12:10
ROLLING BLACKOUTS COASTAL FEVER 12:22
BRIAN FALLON 12:36
SUNFLOWER BEAN 12:46
MIDDLE KIDS 1:27
ELIZA & THE DELUSIONALS 1:41
J.S. ONDARA 1:54
IRON & WINE 2:11
MARCUS KING 2:20
ANDERSON EAST 2:37
HISS GOLDEN MESSENGER 2:56
THE LONE BELLOW 3:10
NADA SURF 3:27
NATALIE PRASS 3:39
WHITE REAPER 3:49
KT TUNSTALL 4:09
THE LEMON TWIGS 5:18
LAKE STREET DIVE 5:34
THE AVETT BROTHERS 5:47
RODRIGO Y GABRIELA 5:51
CONOR OBERST 6:17
JOHNNY MARR 6:21
RA RA RIOT 6:35
GABY MORENO 6:56
PEDRO THE LION 7:06
KURT VILE 7:22
BRITTANY HOWARD 7:36
MICHAEL KIWANUKA 7:54
DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE 8:08
THE WAR ON DRUGS 8:56
88.5 FM recently presented Josh Ritter at Mr Musichead Gallery in Hollywood for a small number of lucky 88.5 members.