1. Beabadoobee's single "Talk" is from the upcoming studio album 'Beatopia.' Since her debut in 2017, Bea has gathered a massive following and worked to create four albums. 'Patched Up,' 'Loveworm,' 'Fake It Flowers,' and 'Beatopia;' the latter is expected for release on July 15th via Dirty Hit! Bea and her band are currently on tour in the US and will be transitioning to a European/Australian tour later this year. Make sure to check out the 88FIVE Live at Mr Musichead with Beabadoobee from earlier this month!
2. This group recently performed at our 88FIVE Live Members Only event in February at The Echo! Legendary American rock band Spoon dropped their tenth studio album, 'Lucifer On The Sofa.' "Wild," the fourth track off 'Lucifer On The Sofa,' was released earlier this year along with a music video directed by Ben Chappell and Brook Linder. Spoon will be performing at the Hollywood Palladium on June 2nd!
3. The Black Keys are back with a brand new single! "Wild Child" is from their brand-new album 'Dropout Boogie.' Before the album's release on May 13th, The Black Keys had an intimate pop-up show at the Troubadour before kicking off their national tour. The Black Keys will be back in Southern California for their upcoming show at The Kia Forum on October 8th. The duo was formed in 2001 by musicians Dan Auerbach and Patrick Carney. 'Dropout Boogie' is their eleventh studio album!
4. This next group recorded an 88FIVE Live session at No Vacancy in 2019! Were you there?! Seratones is a spectacular soul-rock group from Louisiana composed of musicians AJ Haynes, Connor Davis, Adam Davis, and Jesse Gabriel. "Good Day" was released as a single alongside the song "Dark Matter." 'Love & Algorhythms' is the most recent record by Seratones, which was released last month. 'Love & Algorhythms' is their third studio album to date, joining their first two albums, 'POWER' and 'Get Gone.'
5. Maggie Rogers recently revealed the first single off her upcoming sophomore album 'Surrender.' "That's Where I Am" was released via Capitol Records along with a remarkable music video featuring David Byrne. Preceding 'Surrender' is the widely acclaimed 2016 record 'Heard It in a Past Life.' One of the most popular songs on the album, "Alaska," instantly became a hit after receiving high praise from Pharrell Williams. 'Surrender' will be available on July 29th!
6. The incredible Harry Styles is back with a brand new album. 'Harry's House' is already a fan favorite after its release last Friday via Columbia and Erskine Records. With 13 songs featuring the chart-topping lead single "As It Was," Harry will be taking his record on tour starting this June. Styles landed a 15-show run coming to The Kia Forum this fall. Current 88.5 FM members can sign up for a chance to win a free pair of tickets for the November 9th show through Sunday, May 29th at 11:59 pm (PT) - Click "Win Tickets" on the 885fm.org homepage!
7. Hatchie's sophomore studio album 'Giving the World Away' debuted last month via Secretly Canadian. Currently, 88.5 FM is showcasing her song “Lights On.” The mastermind behind the album is the Australian singer-songwriter and musician Harriette Pilbeam. Her 2018 debut EP 'Sugar & Spice' received favorable reviews and even featured a collaboration with Cocteau Twins guitarist Robin Guthrie. Harriette will be playing a handful of dates in California, supporting musician Alex G. You can catch Hatchie at The Wiltern on Friday, October 21st!
8. 'Dance Fever' is the fifth and latest album from Florence + the Machine. Released this month via Polydor Records, the album features lead singles "King" and "My Love." The band, consisting of musicians Florence Welch, Isabella Summers, Rob Ackroyd, Chris Hayden, Mark Saunders, and Tom Monger, received critical acclaim quickly with their debut album 'Lungs' back in 2009. Luckily for us, Florence + the Machine will be visiting Southern California in mid-October! You can experience 'Dance Fever' live at the Hollywood Bowl on October 14th and 15th!
9. "Lemon Tree" is one of the latest singles from LA-based band Mt. Joy. The band, composed of Matt Quinn, Sam Cooper, Sotiris Eliopoulos, Jackie Miclau, and Michael Byrnes, debuted in 2016 with the widely popular single "Astrovan." "Lemon Tree" was written mid-pandemic by the two guitarists in Mt. Joy, Matt Quinn and Sam Cooper. Produced by Caleb Nelson, "Lemon Tree" was followed by the single "Orange Blood." The band announced their latest album, 'Orange Blood,' which is expected for release on June 17th via Island Records!
10. Last but certainly not least is Los Angeles-based band The Regrettes! After their formation in 2015 by Lydia Night and Genessa Gariano, the group was joined by drummer Drew Thomsen and bassist/keyboardist Brooke Dickson. The Regrettes have already established their place in the music industry, especially after their 2019 album 'How Do You Love?'. "Anxieties (Out Of Time)" is fresh off the group's third studio album 'Further Joy.' Following the album's release last month is a set of gig dates, including a show at the Los Angeles Grammy Museum on June 9th! Listen to the Nic Harcourt Morning Show with Jet from 8 am to 11 am on Friday, June 3rd, for your chance to win a pair of tickets to that performance!